Hospital Negligence *
Hospital negligence claims * are a form of Medical negligence * . The emergency room is where hospital negligence * most commonly occurs . Some common forms of hospital negligence claims * arise when a medical professional :
- Makes Incorrect decisions
- Fails to diagnose an illness .
Hospital negligence claims * arise for a number of reasons. Such as the Inexperience of younger staff members . High-stress levels hospital staff members are under. Shortages / lack of vital hospital resources , such as beds .
It should be noted that other healthcare professionals can also be at fault in hospital negligence cases * . For example Medical Professionals such as ; radiologists ,technicians and administrators.
Types of Negligence *
There are several different examples of hospital negligence *, some of which include:
- Failing to or delays in diagnosing an illness/injury .
- Inadequate action on test results .
- Failure to communicate the risks linked to a specific procedure .
- Fault in the performance of an operation
- Error in administrating prescriptions/medication . This can also be seen in defective drug administration
- Hospital systems fail to maintain a hygienic environment in the hospital . Causing patients to become susceptible to infections and bed sores
- Failure to attain informed consent of an optional surgery . Such as heart surgery, laser eye surgery and cosmetic surgery.
- Poor childbirth care and procedures . Causing physical and psychological birth injuries such as cerebral palsy.
- Failure to refer a patient to another specialist where it was necessary to do so.
If you or a family member have experienced any form of hospital negligence * throughout your time in hospital you should speak to a solicitor immediately.
Making a Claim
Letter of Claim
The effect the injury or illness and
The effect it will have on the patient’s quality of life.
Claims for children
A Medical Negligence claim * can not be made by a child until they are 18 years of age .The period of time you have to make a claim * after an accident or injury is know as the Statute of Limitations . For this reason, the Statue of Limitations for this type of negligence doesn’t start until they reach this age.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR CASE
At Tracey Solicitors, our dedicated negligence solicitors * have years of experience . We help people deal with hospital malpractice * and related claims. Because we understand the injuries that you have sustained . Tracey Solicitors have helped many people proceed with medical negligence claims * in Ireland over the past 30 years. For a confidential discussion, call Caoimhe McConnell, Head Medical Negligence Solicitor, on 01 649 9900 . Tell her about your case or reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org where she can call you back .