Part 6: Impress Your Friends
Justyna’s Signature Chocolate Cake!
Our very own Justyna shares her delicious chocolate cake recipe!
When she’s not busy helping our clients’ with their cases, our Legal Assistant, Justyna is pretty good at baking a cake or two..
250 grams of plain flour
250 grams of unsalted butter
250 grams of sugar
3 spoons of cocoa powder
1 small spoon of baking powder
2-3 drops of vanilla extract
5 spoons of water
1. Melt butter, 3 spoons of water, vanilla extract, sugar and cocoa powder in a pan on low heat until you can no longer see any sugar crystals (make sure you melt it on low heat, as otherwise the sugar will re-crystalize in the cake!). Make sure it does not boil!
2. Pour half a glass of the above icing and set aside for later.
3. The rest of the icing should be set aside to cool.
4. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
5. Divide the egg into egg yolks and egg whites.
6. Once the rest of the icing is cold, mix it with flour, egg yolks, 2 spoons of water and baking powder.
7. Mix until it forms an even mass with no lumps.
8. Whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
9. Add the egg whites to the cake mass slowly until the mass becomes even in colour.
10. Bake in a fan oven for about 50 minutes.
11. Once cake is cool, pour the icing you left aside in step 3 over the cake (you can heat it in a microwave for a few seconds if it’s too solid).
12. Enjoy on its own or with whipped cream and fresh fruit!